[meteorite-list] Park Forest offering

From: Thetoprok_at_aol.com <Thetoprok_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:55 2004

--part1_b6.1aba1d53.2bb90d71_boundary

 Hello Good People,
 After much discussion and heated bebate, (we are brothers you know!), we
decided to test the tumultuous waters of the "Park Forest Meteorite Debacle",
and offer 100 grams at $30.00 per gram, all or part.
 This seems to me, and many other level headed meteorite enthusiasts I've
spoken with, to be a fair price, considering the price controversy at hand.
 Yea the trip cost money and all that, I nearly caught pneumonia on Friday,
and my muffler fell off on the way there! But to me it's the spirit of the
hunt, the dispersal of stones and knowledge, and the pure joy I get from any
sort of meteorite interaction.
 We will be donating to the local university of our choice as usual,
probably Cranbrook Institute. They have always been open and friendly, and we
like to contribute to the spread of information so that the general public
may be well informed, despite what differences lie between 'Us' and 'Them'.
 If anyone is interested please contact me off list.
Hunting for the BIG ONES next!
Larry Atkins
Oh yea, Thanks to all that sent me outlets for pic's and places to send
pertinent info. I will put picture up on a couple sites tomorrow.
Goodnight.

--part1_b6.1aba1d53.2bb90d71_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0"> Hello Good People,<BR>
 After much discussion and heated bebate, (we are brothers you know!), we de=
cided to test the tumultuous waters of the "Park Forest Meteorite Debacle",=20=
and offer 100 grams at $30.00 per gram, all or part.<BR>
 This seems to me, and many other level headed meteorite enthusiasts I've sp=
oken with, to be a fair price, considering the price controversy at hand. <B=

 Yea the trip cost money and all that, I nearly caught pneumonia on Friday,=20=
and my muffler fell off on the way there! But to me it's the spirit of the h=
unt, the dispersal of stones and knowledge, and the pure joy I get from any=20=
sort of meteorite interaction.<BR>
 We will be donating to the&nbsp; local university of our choice as usual, p=
robably Cranbrook Institute. They have always been open and friendly, and we=
 like to contribute to the spread of information so that the general public=20=
may be well informed, despite what differences lie between 'Us' and 'Them'.=20=
<BR>
 If anyone is interested please contact me off list.<BR>
Hunting for the BIG ONES next!<BR>
Larry Atkins<BR>
Oh yea, Thanks to all that sent me outlets for pic's and places to send pert=
inent info.&nbsp; I will put picture up on a couple sites tomorrow.<BR>
Goodnight.</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b6.1aba1d53.2bb90d71_boundary--