[meteorite-list] Park Forest Ownership Question

From: Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

  Congratulations to all of those who traveled to the
Park Forest fall site- it must be very exciting and I
really envy you!
  May I ask something out of pure curiosity?
  How are you handling the question of the ownership
of your personal finds (not purchases)? From what I
have read- this is a fairly highly populated
residential area so I take it that there are minimal
open areas of fields, woods etc.. What kind of areas
are available for the general public to search?
  All property is owned in one fashion or another. Are
the owners, private or public, giving permission to
search and keep your finds?
  I am asking this as I am many times thinking and
watching while traveling and have always wondered how
to handle it if I ever came across something not on my
property. I know I would need to speak to the owners-
but in the middle of nowhere that could be hard to
determine.
  So any advice on how all of you are handling it?
  Good luck to all of those who are there.
Thanks,
Mike Groetz