[meteorite-list] Gravitational Hot-Spots?

From: StarHarvest_at_aol.com <StarHarvest_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

--part1_136.1cc6dbe6.2bb803fb_boundary

I'm sitting here wondering why I never had a meteorite come crashing down
through my roof; why I can't afford the time nor expense to casually buz over
to Forrest Park and pick up a goodie on the streets; why, it seems that the
only way I can get a meteorite is by submitting THREE entries in the
"Meteorites are Cool Because" contest. I detected some jealousy from the
list when I won the Gao Guenie. Now it's time for ME to be jealous. WAH!
WAH! BOO HOO! I'm jealous of all you lucky duckies who live near Forrest
Park, or who simply have the leisure to travel there and look! There! I said
it! Quick! Somebody give me a binky!

O.K.....Now that Iv'e vented, Here is a question to the group. Does it seem
that meteorite falls are more consistent in certain areas? If so, why? Is
it possible that when matter enters the atmosphere, it is conducted to
um.....areas where the gravitational pull is greater than in other areas? Is
it possible that magnetic forces might pool in certain areas throughout the
world, drawing meteorites to specific places? Could this be why nobody
hardly EVER has found any meteorites here in my native Utah? Hey Y'all!
I'm poor! I can't afford to go to the Sahara, the Arctic, Forrest Park
Canada...or even to my neighboring Arizona! Am I on to something? Could
this be true? Am I doomed to never find a meteorite as long as I'm looking
in Utah? Rand

--part1_136.1cc6dbe6.2bb803fb_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">I'm sitting here wondering why I never had a meteorite=
 come crashing down through my roof; why I can't afford the time nor expense=
 to casually buz over to Forrest Park and pick up a goodie on the streets; w=
hy, it seems that the only way I can get a meteorite is by submitting THREE=20=
entries in the "Meteorites are Cool Because" contest.&nbsp; I detected some=20=
jealousy from the list when I won the Gao Guenie.&nbsp; Now it's time for ME=
 to be jealous.&nbsp; WAH! WAH! BOO HOO!&nbsp; I'm jealous of all you lucky=20=
duckies who live near&nbsp; Forrest Park, or who simply have the leisure to=20=
travel there and look!&nbsp; There! I said it!&nbsp; Quick! Somebody give me=
 a binky! <BR>
<BR>
O.K.....Now that Iv'e vented, Here is a question to the group.&nbsp; Does it=
 seem that meteorite falls are more consistent in certain areas?&nbsp; If so=
, why?&nbsp; Is it possible that when matter enters the atmosphere, it is co=
nducted to um.....areas where the gravitational pull is greater than in othe=
r areas?&nbsp; Is it possible that magnetic forces might pool in certain are=
as throughout the world, drawing meteorites to specific places?&nbsp; Could=20=
this be why nobody hardly EVER&nbsp; has found any meteorites here in my nat=
ive Utah?&nbsp; Hey Y'all!&nbsp; I'm poor!&nbsp; I can't afford to go to the=
 Sahara, the Arctic, Forrest Park Canada...or even to my neighboring Arizona=
!&nbsp; Am I on to something?&nbsp; Could this be true?&nbsp; Am I doomed to=
 never find a meteorite as long as I'm looking in Utah?&nbsp;&nbsp; Rand&nbs=
p; </FONT></HTML>

--part1_136.1cc6dbe6.2bb803fb_boundary--