[meteorite-list] Park Forest, most expensive fall in US History

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

well here it is. small fragments of recent event
centering around Park Forest, Illinois that has
dropped known 14 kg so far. fall of 3-26-03 occurred
just prior to midnight cst. over 80% of approx. 35
reported witnessed occurred in park forest with a
clustered band epicenter _at_ 1 mile NNW of post office.
reported falls occurring as far as 8 km from cluster.
fall appears to have been close to vertical with
slight NNE to SSW bias. stones listed here were
collected morning following fall from 77 Winslow site.
this fall slammed into street outside home of
residents Gale, Diane, and Chris, ricocheted into
sided porch, and came to rest just outside front door.
the main mass, _at_456 g in 2 pieces, was acquired by
mike farmer for over $2000. site has been scoured by
scores of people including steve witte, steve arnold,
farmer, and austrian eric. largest known as yet is 426
Indiana Garza stone, _at_2.4 kg, that shot throught home
and bounced around bedroon the stones listed here, and
my other listings are all pristine fragments of
Winslow impact. primary and secondary fusion crust is
evident on some fragments. anomalous globules and
shock fracture veins evident throughout. steve witte
informs this is likely LL6 chondrite. there is another
listing on ebay that gives chicago tribune account of
event in item description. PLEASE NOTE: conclusions
drawn above from empirical evidence. i have not
however actually seen 7 of reported stones including
Garza, Jones and Mullen. these stones represent over 6
kg of reported amount. one of these will certainly
eventually find residence at Adler or Field. these and
other listings GUARANTEED 100% authentic and specific
to Winslow (park forest street name, not AZ) site.

--- Dave Schultz <indy1996_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
> Very nice Mike. What a cool piece and an awesome
> story behind it. You paid and arm and a leg for it
> indeed, but it`s a once in a lifetime piece!
> Congrats
> and enjoy! I`m sure that you will!
> Dave
>

> > Charlie, I could only dream that myself, I paid
> > $12,000 for a 928 gram
> > complete individual today that smassed through a
> > house and smashed a
> > computer printer. Al Lang and Adam Hupe tried to
> buy
> > it after my deal was
> > sealed and I went to get the money from the bank.
> > Thankfully for me that she
> > refused to screw me over that way.
> > I am thrilled with the piece and will never sell
> it.
> > Here is a link for anyone who wants to see the
> > stone.
> > www.crosseyedconsulting.com/meteorite
> >
> > Mike Farmer

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/