[meteorite-list] Fw: Interesting item on eBay web site item#2167709654: Park Forest Meteorite WOW !! Fell 2 days ago

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: <peregrineflier_at_hotmail.com>
To: <knudson911_at_frontiernet.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 29, 2003 7:59 PM
Subject: Interesting item on eBay web site item#2167709654: Park Forest
Meteorite WOW !! Fell 2 days ago

> I saw this item for sale at eBay, The World's Online Marketplace TM, and
thought that you might be interested.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2167709654

> Item Description:
> Park Forest Illinois Meteorite fell 2 days ago March 27 12:30 am , not yet
classified but Mike Farmer says it is a L6 .It was found on Winslow Street
in Park Forest. Meteorite hit garage on house and landed on walkway.
Beautiful meteorite fragment about 2 grams with fusion crust and gold color
metal flecking.See picture below with myself and Mike farmer. I'm holding
the one Kilo stone that Mike Farmer purchased from resident. The stone
penetrated the roof and hit a computer printer. Awesome historic meteorite
fall, be the first to add this limited fall to your collection. This piece
will not last long . Good Luck and thanks for looking!