[meteorite-list] Park Forest, most expensive fall in US History

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:54 2004

Well, it smashed the plywood and the two by four it hit, and didn't seem to
slow down. It then smashed the printer and bounced and dented the wall. I
have the shingle, and they are cutting the ceiling hole out for me when they
fix the ceiling.
The lucky woman who's home it damaged, was sitting at the computer on the
email. She said she saw a flash light up the sky outside and then heard the
explosion, too loud and long to be thunder. Seconds later the room exploded
with a crashing noise and plaster and insulation showered all over the room
and her and the printer pieces flew across the room.She saw the hole, went
to it and looked up to see through the whole roof and clear sky above. Then
she looked down and saw the stone and immediately picked it up. She said it
was slightly warm. You don't get much closer than sitting 2 feet from where
it lands so I indeed know that the stone was warm.
I'm not sure if there is any piece in my collection more important, but I
love the Portales Valley I found! Ill be searching again tomorrow to try and
find a piece.
Mike Farmer