[meteorite-list] Fwd: Purple Campo

From: Fredmeteorhall_at_aol.com <Fredmeteorhall_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:50 2004

--part1_168.1c1a2584.2bae74c7_boundary

From: Fredmeteorhall_at_aol.com
Full-name: Fredmeteorhall
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 21:22:08 EST
Subject: Re: Purple Campo
To: mlblood_at_cox.net, martino.6@osu.edu, meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com

--part2_168.1c1a2584.2bae7450_boundary

One year ago I used the Mason Rust Remover Kit on my 20 inch by 13 inch by
3/8 inch thick slice of Nantan, and a few old Campos and a 13 lb. Toluca. It
worked wonders! First I removed the rust with a wire brush on my drill, then
I followed the instructions. No problem. The slice had been rusting away,
getting really ugly, but has been stable for the past year, no sign of the
rust returning, and as the members of the COMETS club can attest, it's a
beauty.
    I suspect the purple haze may be from leaving the meteorite out in the
sun to dry for a day. But I have not experienced that problem, as yet. I'm
sure Bill Mason will be able to help you.
High Regards, Fred Hall / Meteorhall

--part2_168.1c1a2584.2bae7450_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=3D2 FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" FACE=
=3D"Arial" LANG=3D"0">One year ago I used the Mason Rust Remover Kit on my 2=
0 inch by 13 inch by 3/8 inch thick slice of Nantan, and a few old Campos an=
d a 13 lb. Toluca. It worked wonders! First I removed the rust with a wire b=
rush on my drill, then I followed the instructions. No problem. The slice ha=
d been rusting away, getting really ugly, but has been stable for the past y=
ear, no sign of the rust returning, and as the members of the COMETS club ca=
n attest, it's a beauty.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I suspect the purple haze may be from leaving the meteori=
te out in the sun to dry for a day. But I have not experienced that problem,=
 as yet. I'm sure Bill Mason will be able to help you.<BR>
High Regards, Fred Hall / Meteorhall</FONT></HTML>