[meteorite-list] Meteorite Propagation

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:46 2004

Hello Tom,
        After careful consideration, I have decided to offer my two prize
breeders in return for the pick of the litter each produces. Please choose
female specimens carefully for maximum quality of offspring. One is a
fine 15Lb. Gibeon and the other is an exquisite 36g Sikhote-Alin. You can
see these fine specimens via the URL link below.

http://community.webshots.com/album/66047180rhRTgl

    If possible, perhaps a member or two of the community at large
could suggest the finest quality femenin specimens possible for
pairing these fine examples of meteorite masculinity and share them
with us.
        Best wishes, Michael
NOTE: the last time such a program was took place, at least one member
of the list fell prey to the ol' western trap of polarization. In this view
of reality, the universe is viewed as a set of opposites - pairs in actual
opposition to one another, rather than sets of complimentary elements
which fulfil one another (as in the yin/yang concept). Therefore, the
physical is seen as the opposite of spiritual, and sex, being the base
in creating the physical, is seen as the embodiment of the physical
and, therefore, the absolute opposite of spiritual - ie, sinful.
        We are just having a bit of fun here, so, if you hold such a
perspective, please delete future posts with "Meteorite Propagation"
in the Subject Box and do not visit above photos.

on 3/10/03 9:02 AM, Tom aka James Knudson at knudson911_at_frontiernet.net
wrote:

> Hello List, Because of the rather slow growth of my meteorite collection, I
> am going to attempt something that has not been tried before, Meteorite
> Propagation.
> I am going to use the same techniques used to bring the
> Peregrine Falcon back from the brink of extinction. The captive breeding of
> meteorites so far, has proved to be most challenging.
> Determining the sex of the meteorites seemed to be strait forward, The
> smaller cute specimens are the females. I have also determined that
> meteorite are cold blooded, so I adapted some reptilian breeding techniques
> for this project as well. Commonsense tells me meteorites are going to be
> egg layers as apposed to giving live births.
> I have made 2' X 4' breeding chambers that should be big enough to allow
> room for courtship displays. I have sand from NWA on the floor of the
> chambers to make them feel at home. I have used artificial lighting and
> temperature control so I can control the "seasons".
> If Natural meteorite breeding does not happen I have made preparations for
> artificial insemination. Semen collection attempts from the male meteorites
> has not been achieved so far. (not from a lack of trying, I assure you!).
> I have a "roll-X" incubator set up for artificial incubation if the parent
> meteorites fail to incubate on their own.
> I have placed two SA's, a cute 6.540g female and a 17.5g male in one of
> the chambers. So far the results look most promising! The male has been
> courting the female almost none stop for the last week! The female has been
> most receptive! I have seen one failed attempt at breeding, but I think they
> will get it right soon.
> The first young produced are going to be retained for breeding. Using
> artificial insemination techniques, I am going to attempt making hybrids.
> After the first successful breeding I will be selling the young and any
> hybrids.
> I am looking for quality breeding stock to be donated to the project. In
> return you will receive the first born from your meteorite (if successful).
> I am taking requests for hybrid types. Put your orders in today!!!!!!!! You
> do not want to miss out on owning one of the first captive bred meteorites!
> Thanks, Tom
> The proudest member of the IMCA 6168

What luck for rulers that men do not think.
    Adolf Hitler
--
Worth Seeing:
-  Earth at night from satelite: