[meteorite-list] Thuathe Meteorites

From: Stephen E. Smith <vickie-steve-smith_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:45 2004

Hi list,
    I just wanted to share my excitement. I received my Fed-Ex box of
Thuathe Meteorites Monday from Eric Olson. I couldn't be more pleased.
I received 16 specimens and they are magnificent. All specimens exhibit
varying amounts of fusion crust with apparent secondary crusting on
some. The pictures on Eric's and Mike's web sites do not do the stones
justice. I agree with Michael Cottingham's comments. It's exciting to
have a new Fall renew one's enthusiasm about the hobby. Thanks again to
everyone who took the risk to chase down the new Fall.

160.0 gr - slightly oriented, rich fusion crust, broken section w/
slickensides (timely for our list topic)
132.6 gr - nice crusted piece from a trade with the National University
127.3 gr -
67.98 gr -
48.29 gr -
46.87 gr - teardrop shaped, crusted individual. very cool
41.32 gr -
38.30 gr - nice rich crust
28.03 gr -
26.11 gr - well crusted individual
25.91 gr -
25.38 gr -
21.39 gr - slightly oriented, crusted individual
17.86 gr -
16.52 gr - nice oriented fragment, rich crust
11.86 gr -

    Happy hunting,
    Steve Smith