[meteorite-list] Thuathe

From: fcressy <fcressy_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:45 2004

Hello Mike and all,

Sure enough I received my Thuathe individual today and it looks great. Been
spending the last half hour or so getting aquainted with it ;-)

Thought I share some observations. It's about 80% covered with matte black
fusion crust; very fresh looking. The remaining 20% (one side) was broken in
flight and has a light covering of blackish-brown secondary fusion crust. On
an edge of the broken part a small vein of metal about 5 mm long protrudes
out and extending from this vein is an area about one square cm of
redeposited blue-gray metal that lies on the secondary crust.
As for any weathering, there is none seen on the fully crusted areas but a
very little limonite staining is present on some areas where the secondary
crust is present. All in all, a very very nice addition to my meteorite
family.
Thanks Mike!

Regards,
Frank