[meteorite-list] Question Impact Melt

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:44 2004

Hello

Thanks again, I know Dr.Hill I hope have time to
contact for have some informations, now I waith a
confirm from the Institute here in Italy.
Regards

Matteo

--- Bernd Pauli HD
<bernd.pauli_at_lehrer.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:
> Matteo wrote:
>
> > Thanks Bernd
>
> You are welcome.
>
> > and is possible a meteorite of this type:
>
> METEORITE NWA 1701 NEW
> IMPACT MELT VERY NICE
> EBay Item # 2162429531
>
> > is classificated LL?
>
> Well, why not? If there are H and L impact melts,
> why shouldn't there also be LL impact melts!
>
> But, of course, this is just an "educated guess"!
> Dr. David
> Kring and co-workers (for example, Dolores Hill who
> is also
> a list member) may want to shed more light on this
> intriguing
> question.
>
> See also:
>
> Kring D.A., Hill D.H., Gleason J.D., Britt D.T. et
> al. (1999)
> Portales Valley: A meteoritic sample of the
> brecciated and metal-
> veined floor of an impact crater on an H-chondrite
> asteroid
> (MAPS 34-4, 1999, 663-669).
>

> Ciao,
>
> Bernd

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com
EBAY.COM:http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/mcomemeteorite_at_excite.it/