[meteorite-list] Thuathe questions

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:44 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0140_01C2E1B1.91B95B20

Here are answers to some of the questions posed.=20
The people there speak an interesting form of English, and Sotho. Many =
spoke English but it was hard to understand. They were all very nice =
though.=20
The reason the Hupe's stones looked more rusted is this,=20
the scientist, David Ambrose told Eric and I that when they first got =
the stones, they were all dirty, and they soaked many of them in water =
to try and remove the dirt. We all know that water and meteorites don't =
mix, so this of course caused them to badly rust. Once they did that, =
they no longer washed them, so only the first batch was so affected. He =
told me that those stones had been sold and since the Hupe's got the =
first stones, I must assume that those were the ones that the university =
tried to clean.=20
    There were other questions, but I seem to be having a jet-lag =
induced memory loss, so please propose any questions again ASAP so that =
I can answer them here.=20
It sure is a beautiful place.=20
Perfect for a meteorite hunt, although I am still waiting for a fall in =
Tahiti!=20
Mike Farmer
http://www.meteoriteguy.com/thuathehunt.htm

------=_NextPart_000_0140_01C2E1B1.91B95B20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Here are answers to some of the =
questions posed.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The people there speak an interesting =
form of=20
English, and Sotho. Many spoke English but it was hard to understand. =
They were=20
all very nice though. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The reason the Hupe's stones looked =
more rusted is=20
this, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>the scientist, David Ambrose told Eric =
and I that=20
when they first got the stones, they were all dirty, and they soaked =
many of=20
them in water to try and remove the dirt. We all know that water and =
meteorites=20
don't mix, so this of course caused them to badly rust. Once they did =
that, they=20
no longer washed them, so only the first batch was so affected. He told =
me that=20
those stones had been sold and since the Hupe's got the first stones, I =
must=20
assume that those were the ones that the university tried to clean.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; There were other =
questions, but=20
I seem to be having a jet-lag induced memory loss, so please propose any =

questions again ASAP so that&nbsp; I can answer them here. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>It sure is a beautiful place. =
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Perfect for a meteorite hunt, although =
I am still=20
waiting for a fall in Tahiti! </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Mike Farmer</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.meteoriteguy.com/thuathehunt.htm">http://www.meteorite=
guy.com/thuathehunt.htm</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0140_01C2E1B1.91B95B20--