[meteorite-list] Tatahouine - Pronunciation

From: Michel <Michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:23:43 2004

Hi list,

Thanks Robert,

I think one should say:

"ta" "ta" "ween"

"ta" as in "cat", twice.

"ween" as in between.

The "tu" pronunciation is a Spilberg idea, not a tunisian one. Not far from
Tataouine, one can visit the site where was shot the movie that made this
city more famous than the Diogenite.

Tataouine is the correct spelling from the name of this Tunisian city. I
should find a photo of the road marks with this spelling in my files. I will
put that on my site one day.

A easy trip but today all fragments are gone unless you look for smaller
than 0.01 g. The 3 impact crater are still there, pretty empty. An old 1931
map facilitates their discovery.

Best day

Michel
Caillou Noir