[meteorite-list] Dealer Refunds

From: mafer <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:44 2004

Hi Walter and List

This thread has been a great topic to help define and refine selling
practices. I personally like giving a few days for the person to examine the
item, but a month, and things become too dicey. The topic also allows
dealers to view and review the thought processes that protect sellers best
in just such situations, without harming customers down the road. In all,
the market place should become more sophisticated and safe for both seller
and buyer when such practices are put into place. There will always be the
buyer who feels cheated no matter what you do. Small minds just can't
comprehend some things like market swings, so we deal with them the best we
can. If this means we loose that customer, maybe they shouldn't weren't
meant to be anyway, and some dealer will be the focus of their displeasure.
Most dealers will suffer this sometime. Threads like this give the arguments
needed to defend one's actions.
Mark