[meteorite-list] More Martian Impact Crater Pictures

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:43 2004

----------------- Original Message ------------------
[meteorite-list] More Martian Impact Crater Pictures
Paul lenticulina1_at_yahoo.com
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:52:04 -0700 (PDT)

1. Mars Picture of the Day: Crater with Wind Streak

http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=9595

==============

2. Schiaparelli Sedimentary Rocks (in Martian
meteorite crater)
http://www.spaceref.com/news/viewsr.html?pid=9618

Mars Global Surveyor Mars Orbiter Camera
MGS MOC Release No. MOC2-403, 26 June 2003

Yours,

Paul
Baton Rouge,LA
__________________________________

Very intriguing "pictures"!

But I'm still uncomfortable with their continued use
of the term "meteor impact crater"...

Aside from the question of whether it is a "meteor" or
meteorite crater, is why use this redundant phrase, in
the first place?

I mean, how many other impact craters are there on
Mars? . . . (I'll let you fill in the punch-line ;-)

Bob V.