[meteorite-list] EBAY Auctions & Sky and Telescope Magazine

From: Jim <Jim_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:42 2004

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C33AA1.EA4F0A20

Good evening list members........

I have just loaded a few auctions on ebay which will be my last before =
my vacation to New Mexico and Colorado. Follow this link and scroll to =
the bottom of the page:

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/catchafallingstar.com/

Of special note, starting at a penny, is a small Sikhote-alin meteorite =
with a double roll over rim (one on each side of the specimen). I have =
never seen this feature before on a Sikhote-alin. So you may want to at =
least take a look. The photos are large so that the detail can be =
clearly seen.

There is also a thin section of NWA 998 along with a small fragment of =
NWA 998 with fusion crust. I started it low to give you all an =
opportunity to own this exciting meteorite package. You won't see many =
specimens of this size available with fusion crust. By now, you have =
seen Steve Schoner's photos of the thin section using his soon to be =
patented polarizer.

You all might want to pick up the August issue of Sky and Telescope =
magazine. There is an article on Meteorites by our fellow list member, =
Greg Redfern. It is a very well written and factual piece with great =
photos. I highly recommend it. Many times articles on meteorites are =
written by professional authors who crank out a story a month on =
different subjects and facts as well as the truth are lost in the =
process. It is a rare privilege to read an article in a national =
magazine on meteorites by someone who actually knows what he is talking =
about.

Best Wishes................

Jim Strope
421 Fourth Street
Glen Dale, WV 26038

Catch a Falling Star Meteorites
http://www.catchafallingstar.com

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C33AA1.EA4F0A20

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Good evening list members........</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I have just loaded a few auctions on ebay which will be my last =
before my=20
vacation to New Mexico and Colorado.&nbsp; Follow this link and scroll =
to the=20
bottom of the page:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
href=3D"http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/catchafallingstar.com/">http://me=
mbers.ebay.com/aboutme/catchafallingstar.com/</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Of special note, starting at a penny, is a small Sikhote-alin =
meteorite=20
with a double roll over rim (one on each side of the specimen).&nbsp; I =
have=20
never seen this feature before on a Sikhote-alin.&nbsp; So you may want =
to at=20
least take a look.&nbsp; The photos are large so that the detail can be =
clearly=20
seen.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>There is also a thin section of NWA 998 along with a small fragment =
of NWA=20
998 with fusion crust.&nbsp; I started it low to give you all an =
opportunity to=20
own this exciting meteorite package.&nbsp; You won't see many specimens =
of this=20
size available with fusion crust.&nbsp; By now, you have seen Steve =
Schoner's=20
photos of the thin section using his soon to be patented =
polarizer.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You all might want to pick up the August issue of Sky and Telescope =

magazine.&nbsp; There is an article on Meteorites by our fellow list =
member,=20
Greg Redfern.&nbsp; It is a very well written and factual piece with =
great=20
photos.&nbsp; I highly recommend it.&nbsp; Many times articles on =
meteorites are=20
written by professional authors who crank out a story a month on =
different=20
subjects and facts as well as the&nbsp;truth are lost in the =
process.&nbsp; It=20
is a rare privilege to read an article in a&nbsp;national =
magazine&nbsp;on=20
meteorites by someone who actually knows what he is talking about.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Best Wishes................</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Jim Strope<BR>421 Fourth Street<BR>Glen Dale, WV&nbsp; 26038</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Catch a Falling Star Meteorites<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.catchafallingstar.com">http://www.catchafallingstar.co=
m</A><BR></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C33AA1.EA4F0A20--