[meteorite-list] Shooting Star vs Witnessed Fall

From: Maria Nelson <dragonsoup_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:42 2004

Hi All,

I have been on the list since just before Park Forest. I followed Park
Forest closely
and watched every video clip that I could. I have also looked at every
meteorite
picture on everyone's site and ebay sale that time allows. Yesterday, for
the
umpteenth time, I watched a video on Peekskill, Michele, her car, and Bob
Haag.
I purchased my first meteorite (a Sikote-Alin that looks like a buzzard) at
the
Tucson show this year. I still have much to learn about meteorites. And, for
as
long as I can remember, I have planned my life around watching meteor
showers.

Tonight while I was sitting on my porch I saw a falling something. It didn't
look
like an ordinary falling star; it was orangish-yellow and closer to me. I
only saw it
for a little over a second and then it was gone. It must have taken my brain
with it because now I'm not sure what it was.

Yes, I do have a question. Can you guys give me some info on the visual
differences between a normal ole shooting star and a witnessed fall?

Meteorite-Madness in Michigan,
Maria