[meteorite-list] Need help naming new group

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:40 2004

Greetings Al, Adam, List,

My thoughts went to Dr. Nininger also, but since he has already
recieved the honor, my next thought went to the man who's responsible
for alot of us having the knowledg we now have. What do you all think
of "Nortonite". I think it's time to put credit where credit is due.
That's about as "witt"y as I get.

thanx,
Steve

--- almitt <almitt_at_kconline.com> wrote:
> Hi Adam and all,
>
> Adam Hupe wrote:
>
> It was suggested that it be named in honor of some famous pioneer
> in the field of
> meteoritics or some closely related.
>
> I would like to see Harvey Nininger's name associated with it if at
> all possible. He
> has the honor though, of having a meteoritic mineral named after
> him Niningerite so
> perhaps something like Harveyite might create less confusion for
> this new class of
> meteorite belonging to the HED group. On the other hand HEDH might
> also be confusing.
> Perhaps those more witty than I can figure something.
>
> --AL

=====
Steve Witt
IMCA #9020