[meteorite-list] "corkscrewing" meteorites

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:39 2004

Hi All,

Here is a link to a pic I took of the launch of the Mars Odyssey spacecraft.
The Delta II rocket pretty much went straight as an arrow, but after a
minute or so, the smoke trail made loops from a ground perspective.

http://www.planetwhy.com/odysseyloopdeloop.jpg

As you can see in the pic, it would appear that the rocket went spiraling
out of control, but it obviously didn't.

Cheers,

Martin