[meteorite-list] Park Forest Father's Day Firesale Finale

From: Rob Wesel <Nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

Hello all and Happy Father's Day if it applies-

First, a resounding "thank you and congratulations" to those of you that
have made purchases already.

As long as we are on the metlist, a Park Forest DVD will be included with
each piece purchased.

I recently acquired Mark Cramer's Park Forest meteorites and I am offering
some of them here first. I will admit straight away that this is the largest
meteorite purchase of my life. I got a good price on the lot and need to
turn them as quickly as possible. Assessing the total weight after cutting
loss and preparation fees is no fun task and I would just assume offer a
discount on the pieces as they are rather than mark up for cut loss. These
pieces are large, outside the realm of many collectors, but I offer all a
chance to look them over. If you go back and compare to Mr. Cramer's price
list you will certainly see that the prices here are not the same as what he
offered. Some are lower, many are higher but Mr. Cramer did not have cut
loss to worry about. What doesn't sell has to be cut and we all lose money.
Have a look for the next couple days, what doesn't sell by Tuesday will have
to be cut and the
price raised to offset cutting loss and prep fees. At that time I will still
endeavor to enter at below the current market value after making a new
assessment of what I have available versus what I hope to clear in profit.
This will be the last list posting of this material as is, I may list some
more slices
if and when they come available.

I would like to take a minute to compliment Mr. Cramer on an amazing job in
recovery, photography, and self education. His website is gone so I have the
photos available here:

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2E212EE4

Take some time to surf, ponder, and convince the wife:

First come first served. Shipping in the US $4, worldwide $10. Insurance
optional but strongly recommended for an added 1% of total cost. Foreign
insured WILL REQUIRE A CUSTOMS LABEL STATING VALUE.

Endcuts at $16 per gram

Endcut meteorite named "King" weight 41 grams. This meteorite was found less
than one day after the fall.

Individuals at $15 per gram

Complete meteorite named "Sam" weight 99 grams. This meteorite was found
six days after the fall.

Complete meteorite named "Parks" weight 144 grams. This meteorite was found
six days after the fall.

Slices at $22 per gram

Center sliced meteorite named "TC" weight 22 grams.

Center sliced meteorite named "TC2" weight 20 grams.

Two premium endcuts

Endcut meteorite named "Chop" weight 43 grams at $20 per gram

Endcut meteorite named "Lamb" weight 43 grams at $24 per gram

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2E212EE4

--
Rob Wesel