[meteorite-list] Park Forest retardation point

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

Hi Robert and List members,

Most of the reports I heard said there was thunder within seconds of seeing
the lights as reported in a newspaper. That is why some eyewitnesses
thought that Chicago was under attack. I agree that all the statements
coming out do not add up but some of them do. The biggest piece of evidence
is the video that has been widely distributed that shows the clouds behind
the meteoroid when it flared up. It also shows that it flashed out at a
very low altitude just like Tatahouine which did not develop secondary
fusion crusts. The Park Forest strewnfield is more round than oval and
there is not a good sorting of rocks by weight, all indicating a low
altitude break up. At first I was skeptical about the low altitude breakup
but evidence can be taken both ways so I am keeping an open mind. A lot of
the reports proved to be erroneous including the one made by a scientist
that the strewnfield was 80 to 120 miles long and that 42 kilos where found
within the first 10 hours.

All the Best,

Adam