[meteorite-list] Statistics .... and hunting for meteorites

From: Lars Pedersen <lars.b_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:38 2004

Hi all=0D
=0D
I know I have seen the numbers somewhere, but I cant find them again.....=
=2E..
=2E. [anyone knows the feeling ? ;-) ] =0D
=0D
I was looking for the statistic numbers for meteoritefalls over land - an=
how many should in fact (statisticly) lay in the ground pr square kilomet=
er.=0D
=0D
Anyone got the numbers ?=0D
=0D
The reason I ask is because I want to start hunting for meteorites here i=
Denmark........ don`t laugh ... 6 is reported from this little tiny count=
ry.=0D
=0D
We have a great moor, close to my home, and I plan to start there.=0D
=0D
The probleme in Denmark is that we have had a number of iceages in the la=
st
100.000 years - the last one 10.000 years ago.=0D
But who knows, it may turn out to be an advantage ..... lots of rocks hav=
come to Denmark from Norway with the ice, and stayed here when the ice
melted (the moor is such a big "meltwater delta").=0D
=0D
comments are welcome=0D
=0D
Sincerely=0D