[meteorite-list] Park Forest Firesale

From: Rob Wesel <Nakhladog_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:37 2004

Hello all-

I recently acquired Mark Cramer's Park Forest meteorites and I am offering
some of them here first. I will admit straight away that this is the largest
meteorite purchase of my life. I got a good price on the lot and need to
turn them as quickly as possible. Assessing the total weight after cutting
loss and preparation fees is no fun task and I would just assume offer a
discount on the pieces as they are rather than mark up for cut loss. These
pieces are large, outside the realm of many collectors, but I offer all a
chance to look them over. If you go back and compare to Mr. Cramer's price
list you will certainly see that the prices here are not the same as what he
offered. Some are lower, many are higher but Mr. Cramer did not have cut
loss to worry about. What doesn't sell has to be cut and we all lose money.
Have a look for the next couple days, I will make a run or two at eBay after
that. In the end what doesn't sell here or there will have to be cut and the
price raised to offset cutting loss and prep fees. At that time I will still
endeavor to enter at below the current market value after making a new
assessment of what I have available versus what I hope to clear in profit.

I would like to take a minute to compliment Mr. Cramer on an amazing job in
recovery, photography, and self education. His website is still up with rich
high resolution photos just a mouse click away. Take some time to surf,
ponder, and convince the wife:

http://www.mepage.com/meteorite_store.htm

First come first served. Shipping in the US $4, worldwide $10. Insurance
optional but strongly recommended for an added 1% of total cost. Foreign
insured WILL REQUIRE A CUSTOMS LABEL STATING VALUE.

I will make one additional list update on pieces still for sale on
Sunday...hey, that's Father's Day isn't it?

Feel free to contact me with any questions. This is the part where I take a
deep breath, see how it all goes, and hope I don't have to offer the list my
car.

Endcuts at $16 per gram

Endcut meteorite named "Creek" weight 25 grams. This meteorite was found
seven days after the fall.

Endcut meteorite named "King" weight 41 grams. This meteorite was found less
than one day after the fall.

Endcut meteorite named "Thorn" weight 53 grams. This meteorite was found
seven days after the fall.

Individuals at $15 per gram

Complete meteorite named "Son of Sam" weight 85 grams. This meteorite was
found eighteen days after the fall.

Complete meteorite named "Sam" weight 99 grams. This meteorite was found
six days after the fall.

Complete meteorite named "Parks" weight 144 grams. This meteorite was found
six days after the fall.

Complete meteorite named "Chicago" weight 160 grams. This meteorite was
found less than one day after the fall.

Complete meteorite named "Ed" weight 229 grams. This meteorite was found two
days after the fall.

On the site there are pieces "Lamb" "Chop" "TC" "TC2"
I have these as well for a higher price if anyone is interested.

--
Rob Wesel