[meteorite-list] A Italian Shirokovsky

From: M come Meteorite Meteorites <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:37 2004

Hello all

To the moment, after varied searches and consultations
with varied researchers of the meteorite research here
in Italy - included the well-known Dr. G. R. Levi
Donati - the pallasite of Barcis should be put between
the pseudometeorite, seen that to the request of a
copy of the analysis to the museum where the main mass
is preserved, I had negative result and the same for
have a little piece for serius analysis I have been
received a negative answer. Having seen in person the
Barcis, I can say that to myself does not result is a
pallasite, the surface resembles a lot to a dross from
merger with of the glassy inclusions. The surface has
of the weird splits, not comparable to other fragments
of pallasite, resembles a lot to the entire pieces of
the Shirokovsky. I ask to the Dr. Grady to attribute
the Barcis the classification of pseudometeorite,
until that the museum will not be decided to
collaborate for a serious search and give confirmation
if the Barcis is a meteorite or no. Besides I want to
inform that the main mass of 477 gr. of the Borgo S.
Donnino, that should be preserved press the university
of Parma, is vanished and it is not known where is
gone, I am under search where is go.
regards

Matteo

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Sale Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.com Collection Site: http://www.mcomemeteorite.info
MSN Messanger: spacerocks_at_hotmail.com