[meteorite-list] Another Brecciated NWA869

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:37 2004

I have been a pretty busy boy this week. Juggling 600
ebay auctions, keeping my website up to date and today
trying to take advantage of ebays half price listing
day.
To keep me even busier I have an order from a
scientific retail company who has ordered a couple
times from me in the past and they want 75 kilos of
NWA869 and all under 50 grams each piece. And I have
promised to UPS it to them on monday.
So as you can imagine I have been doing a lot of
cutting of NWA869 this week. (Getting pretty sick of
cutting right now actually).
Anyway, a couple hours ago I cut into this one:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-869f.jpg
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-869a.jpg
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-869b.jpg
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-869c.jpg
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-869d.jpg
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/aa-869e.jpg
I think that some people should like these photos. In
the past I have cut 3 or 4 of them that looks
brecciated like the brown section in my ebay auction
#2178840548 but this is the first one with such a huge
white section. I almost think that if I made 3 thin
sections of each of the 3 types I could convince a
researcher that they are from 3 seperate falls (And
possibly get 3 seperate classifications - especially
since every institution that classifies NWA869 seems
to get a different classification).
I Just thought that some list members would like to
see the photos.
And remember that I put more cut NWA869 on ebay today.
To see my ebay auctions click here
http://tinyurl.com/d5dq or see my user id AMUNRE
Cheers
DEAN
www.meteoriteshop.com
PS:
That rock in those photos weighs 420 grams. If
somebody wanted to paypal me 75 cents a gram I would
be willing to make a trade (Cash for my Really Cool
meteorite) - I would even cover the postage. It may or
may not actually be brecciated but it seems to me like
a scientifically important meteorite and only 75 cents
a gram.
Or you can buy a kilo from me to look for brecciated
ones yourself. Or maybe 50 kilos. Its like a treasure hunt.