Please Unsubcribe... [meteorite-list] avoirdupois ? etc., etc., etc.

From: Jerry A. Wallace <jwal2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:36 2004

Folks,

Since we seem to have morphed off into anthropology, genealogy, sulking,
skulking, and Rosie
resigning from the list again, and heaven only knows what else to
follow, here's an item of
'breaking news' that is both relevant and timely to our new 'off-topic'
subject. It's interesting, too.

The following is the blurb from the newsstory:

"New research suggests the human race was nearly wiped out 70,000 years
ago, when a crisis reduced
the population to about 2,000 people. The theory has reinvigorated the
debate on whether humans really
did come 'Out of Africa', or whether the species evolved in little
pockets around the globe."

/Adapted from a report for ABC radio's 'PM' program./

http://www.abc.net.au/news/indepth/featureitems/s876996.htm

In order to get back 'on topic', I'm now wondering whether or not the
homo sapiens' close brush with
extinction might have had anything to do with meteorites, asteroids,
meteoroids, comets, meteors, death
stars, and/or alien attacks. That should cover relevancy!

'Crawled out of the Odessa crater' Jerry (and may soon crawl back in)