[meteorite-list] NASA Will Send Two Robotic Geologists to Roam on Mars

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:33 2004

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C32ACD.91C6E820

"We see the twin rovers as stepping stones for the rest of the decade
and to a future decade of Mars exploration that will ultimately
provide the knowledge necessary for human exploration," said Orlando
Figueroa, director of the Mars Exploration Program at NASA
Headquarters. =20

It's nice to see the latest shuttle accident hasn't slowed down the think=
ing of some. Thanks for the Rover updates Ron, I am thinking about going=
 down and watching the launch. Is it possible for "civilians" to set in =
the press booth or like area? Or do you know how one would go about obtai=
ning a pass?

Too bad I didn't stay in school longer. Would have loved to have been on=
e of the men to go to Mars, I doult being a meteorite geek would give me =
a ticket....:-) =20

In the movies they always use a high atmosphere launch for a manned missi=
on to Mars. Do you think that would be the case? (Assuming we were going=
 to Mars anytime soon).

Mark Bostick

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C32ACD.91C6E820

<HTML><BODY STYLE=3D"font:10pt verdana; border:none;"><DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <=
DIV>"We see the twin rovers as stepping stones for the rest of the decade=
<BR>and to a future decade of Mars exploration that will ultimately<BR>pr=
ovide the knowledge necessary for human exploration," said Orlando<BR>Fig=
ueroa, director of the Mars Exploration Program at NASA<BR>Headquarters. =
<BR></DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>It's nice to see the latest shuttle acc=
ident hasn't slowed down the thinking of some.&nbsp; Thanks for the Rover=
 updates Ron, I am thinking about going down and watching the launch.&nbs=
p; Is it possible for "civilians" to set in the press booth or like area?=
 Or do you know how one would go about obtaining a pass?</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp=
;</DIV> <DIV>Too bad I didn't stay in school longer.&nbsp; Would have lov=
ed to have been one of the men to go to Mars, I doult being a meteorite g=
eek would give me a ticket....:-)&nbsp; </DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>In =
the movies they always use a high atmosphere launch for a manned mission =
to Mars.&nbsp; Do you think that would be the case? (Assuming we were goi=
ng to Mars anytime soon).</DIV> <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> <DIV>Mark Bostick</DIV>=
</BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0004_01C32ACD.91C6E820--