[meteorite-list] Mars Meteorites & Meteorite Museums

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:33 2004

> Hi all!

Hello Teresa and welcome to our list!

> I am the Director of the Monnig Meteorite Gallery at
> Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas.

Congratulations on being the director of such a prominent institution!

> First, in our museum we have a piece of a Mars meteorite that
> we allow visitors to touch. It is the Dar Al Gani 476, a stone
> achondrite (shergottite) found in Libya in 1998.

Those among us who read Joel Schiff's meteorite magazine regularly,
have even seen a picture of your impressive display case and, best of
all the fact that the martian specimen is mounted at a young child's height!

See here for more details on Mrs. Moss's Meteorite Gallery:

KUNETKA J.W. (2003) O.E. Monnig Meteorite Gallery - North America has
a major new meteorite attraction (Meteorite, May 2003, Vol. 9, No. 2, pp. 5-7).

Best regards,

Bernd

To: t.moss_at_tcu.edu
Cc: Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com