[meteorite-list] New meteorites from Georgia/South

From: j.divelbiss_at_att.net <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:33 2004

Ken and others,

Thanx for info. The test results show 1/2 percent nickel in weight. I don't
think there are any iron meteorites with that low of a nickel content.
Meteorwrong!!!

Way to go guys...another one flushed out into the open.

Michael's experience to date is similar to others I've read/heard from who
have been looking at "possible" meteorites for a period of time. Meteorite
finds really are few and far between. That doesn't mean we should discourage
people from searching out answers...just the ones who insist on selling them
before it is known for sure to be the real thing.

John IMCA 2006
> John and All,
> If this story wasn't bizarre enough already, below is
> a letter sent to me by the seller.
> The test results:
> http://emc.biol.sc.edu/client/philb/
> Dr. Gardner told me they weren't really into meteorites...
> Whether the specimen is actually a
> meteorite, I'll let you come to your own conclusion.....
> The seller is NOW going to GIVE the specimen to the highest bidder for
> FREE?
> This is one of the oddest specimen/owner combinations I have
> experienced.(I don't know which is more unusual?:>)
> Best,
Ken