[meteorite-list] New meteorite from Georgia???

From: magellon <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:22:33 2004

Hi,
Actually, Walter was going to look into the Tybee Ga. 'fall'.
The news photo sure looks like a rock:
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/wrongs/tybee.jpg

The Columbia SC ebay auction:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2176712425

Also see 2nd item down with picts:
http://home.earthlink.net/~magellon/updates.html

Seller's story is contradictory yet not lacking important facts.
First two photo look promising, last two lightened photos look like
pitted slag.
If anyone knows high bidder, I have an email from seller stating:
 "If not I apologize, but my intent is to sell it if it is a
 meteorite (which it appears to be) and refund any and all monies to any
 purchaser if it is verified not to be......and also provide a
 certificate of analysis signed by the researcher on institution
 letterhead."

 Why he doesn't wait till he has these things in hand is idiotic!
Best,
Ken