[meteorite-list] web site updated and few questions

From: The Earth's Memory <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:08 2004

Dear list members,

we want to let you know that we did update our web site,
you will find a new selection of historical specimens
as well as the new Iron Rich Diogenite discussed few days ago.
www.meteorite.fr/en/forsale.htm
Don't forget to ask us any of your wishes before buying anywhere else,
we are the source for most part of the rare new samples and you'll
see that our customers price/service policy worth it. Most part of
our inventory is not on line so always drop us a mail to compare before
deciding.

As the meteorite meeting is going on in Munster, we would like
to know what kind of propositions have been done about the relationship
scientist/dealers. Any ideas ?

For us one important point is that without the prospectors/dealer’s
investments it wouldn't
have been possible to have access to all these new important samples. No lab
could have funded so many expeditions ! As the declaration needs 20%/20gr
the
scientifical community has access to major specimens for free witch helped
increase the global publications and knowledge on these space/time
travelers:
meteorites, our shared passion !

Another important problem for institutions is that more countries are
discovering
the interest about meteoritics. Some of these countries just realize that
major
samples have been discovered on their land... they will now begin to ask for
restitution of their material... up to now the Nom Com did accept to declare
meteorites anonymously... then it seems that the liability will fall down on
them.
Imagine Libya or Morocco asking back the value of all the DaG and NWA to the
Museums whom
own the 20%/20Gr deposit !!! It's their right as none of these rocks have
been exported legally !
They surely will win as the international laws on national treasure already
gave examples on
mineral, fossils and artifacts.
And what about the private collectors ? Will we be oblige to give back all
the material
where we have no proper valid certificates ??

Dr Huss was asking the opinion on several points to be discussed publicly to
vote
the future Nom Com policy. Did some of you already know what kind of
subjects were
discussed ?

We wish you the best from sunny France

Bruno & Carine