[meteorite-list] Cool Eisen-shale - Off Topic

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:08 2004

Hi Walter, Bob, Norbert and List,

Gotta get this off my chest before heading for the bunk:

> The German term would be "Scheinmeteorit" - alles klar ;-?

Does this translate back into English like that:

"all-clear shining meteorite" ???

> "Schrecklicheschlackestienen" sounds familiar, too,

Oh, I see: "shriekly slagstons"

> although you won't find it in any dictionary...

So let's publish one ... "it's now or never" ...

Where have I heard these words before ? :-))

Enjoying my first day of summer our vacations here !

Off to bed before it's too led ... sorry "late" ...

Bernd

P.S.: After visiting Germany, Mark Twain once wrote
in 1879 about "The Awful German Language":

"These things are not words, they are alphabetical processions.
And they are not rare; one can open a German newspaper any
time and see them marching majestically across the page - and
if he has any imagination he can see the banners and hear the
music, too. They impart a martial thrill to the meekest subject.
Whenever I come across a good one, I stuff it and put it in my
museum. In this way I have made quite a valuable collection.
When I get duplicates, I exchange with other collectors, and thus
increase the variety of my stock.

From: A Tramp Abroad (by Mark Twain)

To: trifid_at_timewarp.de
    bolidechaser_at_yahoo.com