[meteorite-list] re: listening to meteors

From: Marco Langbroek <marco.langbroek_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:08 2004

I might add: besides the AMS and other amateur meteor organizations who run
or have run radio meteor scatter programs, I know Peter Jenniskens at the
SETI-institute is running a global radio meteor scatter network in which a
number of amateurs with automated setups (where the computer logs the
reflections) participate, and in 1997 he with Illka Yrjolla from Finland,
published a large overview of annual stream activity based on this in
Astronomy & Astrophysics. The network's function is most notably to detect
unexpected meteor stream outbursts. Don't have the A&A ref. at hand
directly, but I am sure it will pop-up if you consult the NASA-ADS on the
web and it contains lots of info for the serious interested.

- Marco

Marco Langbroek

marco.langbroek_at_wanadoo.nl
meteorites_at_dmsweb.org
http://home.wanadoo.nl/marco.langbroek

"What seest thou else
 In the dark backward and abysm of time?"

                            William Shakespeare
                            The Tempest act I scene 2