[meteorite-list] Melrose Meteorite

From: Steve Schoner <steve_schoner_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:08 2004

Melrose also has a very large amount of copper
compaired to other meteorites, and copper is also a
bi-product in gold mining.

In fact, Nininger pointed out that the very visible
copper found in Melrose in the form of large grains
should be compared to so called Eaton meteorite which
was copper entirely.

Steve Sconer/ams