[meteorite-list] Metal-rich Diogenite/Mesosiderite

From: Adam Hupe <adamhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:07 2004

Hi Tom.

NomCom is short for Nomenclature Committee. They are a group of mainly
scientists who oversee the naming of new meteorites for example NWA XXXX or
Park Forest. A meteorite is not official until this committee reviews data
gathered for the suspected meteorite, vote on it and provide a name thus the
term nomenclature. They are also responsible for publishing the
Meteoritical Bulletin.

All the best,

Adam