[meteorite-list] Crow Eaters - Even your best friends won't tell you... "feather breath"?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:07 2004

Ken and "LIST"ees,

I wholeheartedly agree with you.
I think it would be a very good gesture.

But, you can't say that the entire "LIST" was "wrong
about that meteorite".

I know a number of people that thought it was, at
least, meteorite iron shale. And there were a few who
even thought that it might possibly be just a very
rusty iron (given its high density). But they didn't
want to risk posting their concerns to the List for
fear of being "tar'd & feathered". And the others,
those who thought it was iron-shale, didn't post to
the List because they thought the whole subject to be
Off-Topic. So I wouldn't chastise them for not
speaking up.

In retrospect, the consensus seems to be that we
"dodged the bullet on this one", and that we were
lucky that Mr. Ray was such an affable gentleman...
but what if the NEXT guy .... if he has more lawyers
than good sense... we may not be so lucky next
time...

This consensus seems to lend some credence to the
rumor going around that Art, our List Owner, has been
going around and asking our more legal savvy List
members questions regarding his risk of exposure to
"restraint of trade" law suits and other liability
issues. (Will we be faced with more List rules or
"disclaimers" in the future?)

But, Ken, here is something that IS my pleasure to
pass along. Everyone that mentioned your web page had
HIGH praise for you efforts, and felt that the way you
handled the matter kept a bad situation from getting
uglier! It was felt that your approach seemed to
achieve the desired results.

And again, I agree wholeheartedly.
So, if I can ever be of assistance to you in your
efforts, please don't hesitate to ask.
(Off-List of course;-)
Bob V.

----------------------------
[meteorite-list] Crow Eaters
magellon magellon_at_earthlink.net
Sat, 19 Jul 2003 23:32:30 -0400

You know who,
Here is your chance to make Mr. Ray smile by bidding
on his meteorites:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2184536970
This is the only time the LIST has been wrong about a
meteorite that I'm
aware.
If I remember correctly the specimens had some
interesting features
(NEMS):
http://www.meteorlab.com/File2003-34/file2003-34.htm
Best,