[meteorite-list] eBay Likes and Dislikes

From: Pekka Savolainen <pekka.savolainen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:04 2004

--------------050404080407000304000606

Well, a short comment from the deep woods from the North...;-
For me, as living in Finland (think we have 2 or 3 more serious
collectors here) eBay is a great way to purache meteorites, and
I suppose, the situation is same also in many other countries far
away from Tucson.

In fact it makes possible to get fresh items nearly in "real-time",
if I remeber, I recived my Park Forest pieces not more than a
week after the fall. eBay is also a great forum to find the more
recent and interresting ones without checking hundred of pages.
Itīs highly appreciated, we have sellers, who are willing to share
the new founds as fast as possible.

I also belive, all of this will bring several new collectors to the
community in long run, and this is a great thing for the collecting
and, I belive, also for the business. eBay is also many times the
first forum to get serious dealers and collectors connected and this
makes possible the 1 to 1 deals later.

All my experiences on eBay has been just positive this far, and I
belive, they will be that also in the future, so not a bad word from
me about this system. And after all, itīs a great fun too...;-

take care,

pekka

Tom aka James Knudson wrote:

>Hello Adam and list, I love ebay. It is way to hard to shop for meteorites
>finding & comparing prices web site to web site. From what I have seen, most
>web sites sell meteorites at higher prices than ebays prices. I once won a
>51g Oriented SA on ebay for $8.00, And an NWA 869 at 7 cents a gram, if any
>dealers can beat that price, please let me know! I know everyone who buys on
>ebay can tell of even better deals than that!
>Thanks, Tom
>Peregrineflier <><
>The proudest member of the IMCA 6168

Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND

+ 358 400 818 912

Group Home Page: http://www.smartgroups.com/groups/eurocoin
Group Email Address: eurocoin_at_smartgroups.com

--------------050404080407000304000606

<head>
</head>
Well, a short comment from the deep woods from the North...;-<br>
For me, as living in Finland &nbsp;(think we have 2 or 3 more serious<br>
collectors here) eBay is a great way to purache meteorites, and<br>
I suppose, the situation is same also in many other countries far<br>
away from Tucson. <br>
In fact it makes possible to get fresh items nearly in "real-time",<br>
if I remeber, I recived my Park Forest pieces not more than a<br>
week after the fall. eBay is also a great forum to find the more<br>
recent and interresting ones without checking hundred of pages.<br>
It&acute;s highly appreciated, we have sellers, who are willing to share<br>
the new founds as fast as possible.<br>
I also belive, all of this will bring several new collectors to the <br>
community in long run, and this is a great thing &nbsp;for the collecting<br>
and, I belive, also for the business. eBay is also many times the <br>
first forum to get serious dealers and collectors connected and this<br>
makes possible the 1 to 1 deals later.<br>
All my experiences on eBay has been just positive this far, and I<br>
belive, they will be that also in the future, so not a bad word from<br>
me about this system. And after all, it&acute;s a great fun too...;-<br>
take care,<br>
pekka<br>
Tom aka James Knudson wrote:<br>
    <pre wrap=""></pre>
      <pre class="moz-signature" cols="$mailwrapcol">&nbsp;

Pekka Savolainen
Jokiharjuntie 4
FIN-71330 Rasala
FINLAND