[meteorite-list] IMCA member offering questionable meteorite

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:03 2004

I have to agree, I looked at the auction, NOWHERE does it say that it is a
meteorite. It describes the material accurately, and says that it looks like
a meteorite. It is up to the bidder to decide if they want to buy that
"meteorite lookin" rock.
It is not the job of the IMCA to keep anyone from selling anything. You can
certainly question what you want, but to jump on this guy over this is not
right. He has every right to sell anything he pleases, as long as he
attempts no fraud. He very clearly called the item an "iron rock", said
where he found it, and said that it was "meteorite looking". Nothing more.
Mike Farmer