[meteorite-list] Marquez, TX ??

From: Ed Albin <ealbin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:02 2004

Hi Philip and List!

Yep, I visited the site a few years ago -- took a side trip away from
the LPS conference while in Houston. I got permission to collect from
the property owner. The central uplift is all on private land. The
owner's son accompanied me on an afternoon of collecting. The best
shattercones were found scattered across a pasture where they had
weathered out of the country rock. It's funny, but while we were
collecting I remember that a cow was having trouble with labor all
throughout that rainy afternoon. My "new field partner" ask if I'd ever
"pulled a cow" (i.e., helped with cattle birthing...). Fortunately, by
the time we wrapped up collecting, the cow had given birth -- much to my
relief :) Anyway, I still have a few Marquez shattercones left for trade.

Sorry for not being active on the list although I still follow the
discussions. Been busy with several telescope making projects. I'm
still building my micromount collection, however.

Ed Albin