Fw: [meteorite-list] Where Did The Moon Come From?

From: Tom aka James Knudson <knudson911_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:01 2004

 Hello List, Boy this is neat, just think, a giant asteroid struck the
earth,
 sent debris into space and it formed our Moon. Not only that, it formed
the
 perfect distance from the earth (by chance) to perfectly block out the sun
 during an eclipse. What are the odds of that? Any closer or further, it
 would not work. If the moon was not it's exact size and distance, the moon
 just would not do what it does and the earth would be in great trouble. The
 odds of this all working right are about the same as another theory,
 Evolution.
     The odds of these two theories working just blows my mind!!!! It almost
 seems like someone had to plan this all out. Can you imagine, someone with
a great mind Creating the universe and all that's in it. Maybe like; In
the
 beginning someone created the heavens and the earth. And the earth was
 formless and void and darkness was over the surface of the deep and the
 Spirit of the someone was moving over the surface of the waters. And then
 that someone said, "Let there be light; and there was light. And this
 someone saw the light, that it was good: and he divided the light from the
 darkness. And he called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night.
And the evening and the morning were the first day.
   And He said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let
it divide the waters from the waters.
    And he made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the
 firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.
    And he called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were
the second day.
    And he said, Let the waters under the Heaven be gathered together unto
 one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
  And he called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters
 called he Seas: and he saw that it was good.
   And he said, Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and
 the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself, upon
 the earth: and it was so.
   And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind,
 and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and
 he saw that it was good.
    And the evening and the morning were the third day.
   And he said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide
 the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for
 days, and years:
    And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light
 upon the earth: and it was so.
    And he made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the
 lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.
   And he set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the
 earth, And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the
light from the darkness: and he saw that it was good.

 Hey, don't you think it would be cool if that happened, Oh wait, I think it
 did and we call Him God!!!!!!!!

 Thanks, Tom
 Peregrineflier
 The proudest member of the IMCA 6168