[meteorite-list] DOD Satellites Detect March 2003 Bolide Over Park Forest

From: Michael Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:21:01 2004

------=_NextPart_000_02E7_01C34594.EDE39FE0

Also, if the fall is SW to NE, and so far we see most small stones to =
the south and south east of the large stones, would this not also be =
affected by upper level winds? High winds can cause the smaller stones =
to drift, meaning that this strewnfield would thus be perfectly normal.=20

Yes, strewnfields can be reversed, Portales Valley was a perfect =
example, without exception, the largest stones all fell to the back and =
the small stones fell later. This is due to low exploding of the =
meteorite forcing the larger stones down.=20
Mike Farmer
  ----- Original Message -----=20