[meteorite-list] TO: Use of Frames on Websites

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:59 2004

For those of you that need this Here is the html code
for a frames page:
</title></head>
<frameset cols=120,*>
<frame SRC="PLACE1" name=theside marginwidth=0>
<frame SRC="PLACE2" name=thetop marginheight=0>
</frameset>
In capital letters I indicated the places where you
have to insert your url addresses. If you want your
left tool bar to be a different size change the 120 in
this code to another number.
If you use this html code above as your main url
address (Basically anybody who clicks on your webpage
actually will link to your site with this code) and
then have the url of the small left hand side pointing
to the url where I have PLACE1 noted and then the
larger right side where I have PLACE2 indicated then
it will point directly to your webpage and you will
have a frames page. The right side automatically sizes
itself because the left line is constant (120 here in
this example).
This will give you a left/right frame page. Adding a
top is a lot more difficult.
Hope this helps (And yes, this code here is actually
all that a frames page is)
Sincerely
DEAN
www.meteoriteshop.com