[meteorite-list] Art's Birthday Present from the list

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:58 2004

--MS_Mac_OE_3140232778_29863068_MIME_Part

Hi Mike,
       Mike, you are wrong. It is between everyone on the list who
contributed to purchase of the present and you.
       Mark and I have politely asked MONTHS LATER about it and you
get snippy. I hardly think our asking after all this time is rude or pushy
of us. I offered to handle all of this and to take a photo and deliver it
and show the photo to the list after Art gets it. Now, I expect you to do
the same, since you made it clear you are taking over.
       Knowing who you are, I am sure you contributed generously and
are giving Art a stone well beyond the total cost of what we all sent you,
but that does NOT make it "between Art and I." A simple, "I haven't
been able to contact Art yet, after several attempts, but I have a nice
stone for him and have photographed it and will share it with you all
after he gets it" would be fine, thank you.
       I don't know why you are all bent out of shape about all this, Mike.
No one FORCED you to do any of this - certainly not Mark or I. In fact,
I offered to handle the whole thing when you told the list you were too
busy..... then you changed your mind and took over. So, why are you
being so snooty about it?
       Thanks, Michael