[meteorite-list] AD, Sale Park Forest, New type of Material

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:20:58 2004

Greetings List,

I have a limited supply of Park Forest that is unlike any that I have
seen to date. Most of this meteorite is composed entirely of the
black "shock" material seen in "normal" PF, although a few slices
show a near 50/50 mix. The meteorite was sliced by Al Mitterling and
hand polished to 1500 grit to bring out the incredible detail. The
outside of this specimen had some very unusual features. There were
what appeared to be stress fractures that occurred while the
meteorite was still in a plastic state.

I am currently making arrangements for further study to be done on
this specimen, but am making a few slices available to "List"
members. The price for these slices is $28 per gram. I will offer
these to "List" members and what doesn't sell in 24 hours will then
be offered on e-Bay. Have a look even if you're not interested in
buying. These are killer pieces.

This is the entire Park Forest stone (597.4 grams) before it was
sliced:
http://www.geocities.com/stelor96/Wholestone3.jpg

1. Park Forest 37.6 gram slice
Front: http://www.geocities.com/stelor96/37.6front.jpg