[meteorite-list] Website / list

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:31 2004

Hello Michael, Art and list,

Thanks for your concern Michael and to the many other list members who
e-mailed off list.

While I was trying to be nice and didn't mention Joel Warren's name in my
last e-mail I see no reason to hide it now as today he has continued his
behavior. Joel seems to have some beef with me which is surprizing as we had
never communicated until on the list the other day when he wanted to argue
about the latest fall in which I did not want to do, as history has shown
Joel believes a scientific debate is cussing and rude remarks.

Which by the way a weathering grade is a measurement of how much water has
affected the chondrules and does not have anything to do with crust. Also
studies in DAG meteorites, the Gold Basin, and Roosevelt County have shown
that weathering is not a consistant thing. Further, The Doon - Kitchener
Meteorite was picked up minutes after it fell and this meteorite a common
chondrite already showed signs of weathering. My stance was simple that we
had no information on the fall to make any judgment, a scientific debate at
that time would be simply foolish. Now we know that 1000's seen it fall, a
University did most of the study, and multiple meteorite teams have
collected meteorites from the site. To argue the fall would show ignorence.

Today I received more posting on my site guest book from Joel and was forced
to remove it. I do a lot of traveling and even if I did not I am not going
to log onto the site every hour to check to see what attack that Joel posted
that needed erased. So I thank those that took the time to write a messege
and I apologize I had to remove them.

Joel's e-mails to me today included vulgar laugage and included the note
that "I'm making out my own personal manifesto that I can keep posting in
your guest book." Other list members have also e-mailed me about like
e-mails from Joel and anyone that guessed the name of the attacker was
right. Well I have removed the guest book and blocked his name so that is
no longer a problem. Joel's past e-mails have gotten him kicked off of this
list and off of the Meteorite Collectors Group list so it is not a surprize
that he wishes to express himself in this manner.

Joel's posting here in the past was part of the reason why respected members
chose to leave and I am asking Art to re-inforce Joel's removal from the
list as it does not appear to me that Joel has changed in any way.

Like Michael, I am also asking fellow list members to e-mail Art and let
their opinion on this subject that affects many of us be know.

Mark Bostick

www.meteoritearticles.com