[meteorite-list] Lesotho and Thuathe

From: Chauncey Walden <clwaldeniii_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:30 2004

I sent this earlier this afternoon but it never appeared on the list so
I'll try again. And Adam, a tikoloske (various spellings depending on
where you are down there) is an evil little gremlin that is only
prevented from climbing up your bed's legs by placing them on something
off the floor!
Uh, guys, Lesotho is a beautiful mountainous country totally surrounded
by South Africa. It is the highest average elevation country in Africa
and forms the source of the Orange River. The native Basuto people are
farmers and herders and I'm sure are quite unused to all the attention
they are getting. The fall was observed from at least as far away as
Ladybrand in South Africa. The material, which may be H4/5, is light in
color and has been compared to the appearance of Zag. Fully crusted
individuals exist with a beautiful dark crust. Some of the best material
may appear in Denver.
Chauncey Walden