[meteorite-list] First report of a New Fall!

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:30 2004

Hello Matteo and List,

Matteo wrote: "I have see the photo and is many strange this pieces
not have a fresh crust - type Bensour or Hadeja - if
is fall few months ago, is many similar to normaly NWA
finds in desert."

Depending on the region of the fall it would not surprize me not to see nice
Bensour like crust on this meteorite. Most of the Bensour and Hadeja
meteorites were picked up within days of fall, July 21, 2002 is several
months and plenty of time for desert wind and sand to have stripped most of
the crust off of many of the meteorites.

Matteo also wrote "However I have asked a piece of 10 gr. to observe
better."

Could you explain what you plan to do to observe it better. Since another
team has made it to the strewn field I am sure we will hear more on this
fall in a short time.

Congradulations on the recovery to Adam and Greg Hupe. It is not often we
see an H4 with a light colored matrix, as it appears in the photo.

Mark Bostick