[meteorite-list] One last slicenside question!

From: Bill Mason III <bmason3_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:29 2004

Tom and Jim,
    Glacial striations are common up here in Minnesota as the five South
bound glacial Ice sheets dragged and pushed the ice trapped boulders over
the Igneous,metamorphic,and sedimentary rock sub-base. I've observed great
sculptured formations along the North Shore of Lake Superior. But I have
not seen the high polished, highly compressed contact faces which is what I
call a "slickenside". I have a specimen of a perfect example of slickenside
that I'll try and take a picture of so you can all see and " ho hum",over.
    Bill Mason

Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 8:31 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] One last slicenside question!