[meteorite-list] Re: Slickensides ?

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:29 2004

Given what Mark says about "slickensides", maybe they
are in meteorites because, back when it was part of an
asteroid, it underwent deformation from strong tidal
forces as a result of a close-call with a large
planetary body like Jupiter.

In any case, until we come up with a better term, I
guess we will have to continue to use that "s-word" -
(slickenside).

Bob V.

Oh, yeah! Meteorites are cool because they have
"Slickensides"!

So-what-do-you-think?

"GONGGGGG"!!

Message: "Meteorite List" Archives