[meteorite-list] Slikensides ?

From: John Divelbiss <j.divelbiss_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 10:18:29 2004

Bill,

Thank you for this informative response. I have a nice chunk of Zag that has
one surface that looked like a slickenslide...but I've had doubts because it
looked smooth/polished, and I was thinking these subtle striations should be
grooves with edges. Not the case by your answer.

If I can get a good picture of it this weekend, I'll send it to Jeff in
Australia and see if he'll put on his site. Thanks again for clarification
for all of us.

John